What information does Jackson Cove Collect?
When you subscribe to our email marketing we will only ask for your name and email address.
When you place an order with Jackson Cove, any information we collect will be used primarily to enable us to provide our products and services to you. For example, home address for product delivery.
Your name, address and contact details may be shared with our furniture supplier and delivery companies to ensure the products you have ordered from ourselves can be delivered and fulfilled.
Furniture suppliers who deliver to you directly will be passed your full contact details that you provide us with to allow them to fulfil delivery. In some cases, they may also hold your details for the guarantee’s duration.
If you request a fabric sample to be sent out then your name and address will be passed on to our furniture suppliers who will use the information to provide your sample. They will not hold your information after this has been fulfilled.
If you request a service or repair from us this will normally be completed by a third party so your details will be passed on to allow them to fulfil this work.
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, then you must ensure they understand how their information will be used and they have given permission for us to use it for the purpose required.
How do we store your data?
Any personal data that is provided to us is stored on secure servers of those of the service provider hosting our site. Any information relating to transactions on our site will be encrypted to help ensure security.
We will hold your information for the full period of your furniture’s guarantee to allow us to handle any service which may be required throughout this time period.
When you create an account on our site you will choose a password which you are responsible for keeping confidential. We ask that you do not share this password with anyone else.
We use security measures and up to date software to protect your information, however the transmission of information via the internet is not secure and we can therefore not guarantee the security of the electronically sent data to us from yourself. Therefore, transmission of this data is entirely at your own risk. Please contact us if you have any questions relating to your data security.
Please be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide the information we have of yours then we may be obliged to do so.
In the event that we are to sell part or all of the company to a third party, we may disclose your information to the perspective or actual seller/buyer.
We are not responsible for their policies or how they use both your data and cookies, and we will not be liable for any loss or damage you may incur as a consequence.
Access to Information and Other Rights
You have the right to access the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise your right of access then you must submit a written request and provide proof of identity before we supply the information to you.
You also have the right to:
- Ask us to prevent processing that is causing or likely to cause substantial damage or distress.
- Require us not to make certain decisions automatically if they will significantly affect you.
- Ask us to change and update any personal data we hold about you to ensure it is accurate and up to date.
- Ask us to have your personal data erased and to prevent the processing in specific circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual withdraws their consent.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed (for example, in breach of GDPR)
- The personal data has to be erased to comply with legal obligations.
Request for personal data to be erased may be refused when data is being processed for the following reasons:
- To comply with a legal obligation for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority.
- For public health purposes in the public interest.
- Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes
- The exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you have any questions regarding how we process your personal information please do not hesitate to contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with how we are processing your personal information you have the right to refer the complaint to the regulator, the Information Commissioners Office.